🎙️ New Podcast Alert!
The latest episode of The Uplifters Podcast is here! This time, I talk to Denise Pines, an age enthusiast, community health advocate, and media pioneer. Discover her journey into midlife wellness and pro-aging health. From hot flashes to mental reset, this episode will leave you feeling empowered, no matter your age! 💪
☕️ Denise has generously offered our Uplifters community a 20% discount off everything in the Tea Botanics store until Black Friday, Nov. 24th. Use code Uplifters20 to enjoy your discount.
🙏🏽 Huge thanks to another woman who shifts the paradigms of aging,, for nominating and introducing Denise!
You can always listen right here in your email, where you’ll also receive full transcripts (edited and condensed for clarity). But please also subscribe directly to The Uplifters on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Substack, or YouTube, or follow our TikTok for uplifting daily videos. Just click one of those links to subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.
If you want more conversations like this one, consider going paid. Producing a weekly podcast requires a significant investment of time and resources from several talented people. Paid subscriptions make all of our work possible!
Introduction of Denise Pines:
- Denise Pines is introduced as an "age enthusiast," a longtime community health advocate, and a media pioneer. She is an expert in midlife wellness.
- She is also the founder of the Femaging Project, which hosts pitch competitions with investors for innovation designed for women aged 40+.
- Denise's background is discussed, including her role as the immediate past president of the Medical Board of California and her involvement in various medical boards.
- Her experience as an award-winning filmmaker who has produced 11 documentaries is highlighted.
Entering the Menopause Space:
- Denise shares that she entered the menopause space after experiencing a hot flash, which was her wake-up call.
- She reflects on how she didn't understand the experiences of menopause and had not been kind to her older friends who went through it.
- The lack of early conversations with physicians about the transition into menopause is discussed, along with the need for more education on menopausal symptoms.
Natural Approach to Menopause:
- Denise discusses her preference for a natural approach to managing menopause symptoms.
- She shares her experience with a naturopathic doctor who introduced her to a tea that helped reduce her hot flashes.
- The importance of understanding the impact of aging on nutritional needs and the need for nutritious foods is highlighted.
- Denise emphasizes the role of knowledge and access to information in making informed choices about managing menopause.
Transforming Perceptions of Menopause:
- Denise shares her vision of helping women approach menopause positively and resolve their symptoms to thrive during this life stage.
- The idea of finding a "new normal" during menopause is discussed.
- Denise emphasizes the economic potential and wisdom that women in midlife bring to society.
Impact on Brain Health:
- The impact of perimenopause on brain health is discussed, including the potential connection between hot flashes and reduced oxygen to the brain.
- Research on brain changes during perimenopause is mentioned, and the importance of addressing cognitive changes is highlighted.
Positive Perspectives on Aging:
- Denise shares her belief in embracing different life stages and perspectives.
- We discuss what it means to be one's 5-year-old self, 16-year-old self, and 50-year-old self.
- Denise discusses the importance of setting boundaries and maintaining them.
- She shares her approach to setting boundaries with technology and how she communicates them to her team.
- Denise describes her morning routine, which includes 10 belly breaths, capturing thoughts, and focusing on her priorities.
Positive Media Consumption:
- The importance of consuming positive and uplifting media and stories is highlighted along with the impact of the stories we surround ourselves with and the environments we create.
- The episode ends with a discussion of the transformative impact of one's environment, including the people and stories in one's life.